Downloading JAWS without JAWS Tandem
If you are on a network that does not allow remote access applications, you can download a separate version of JAWS that does not include the JAWS Tandem™ feature. However, if this restriction does not apply to you, please download and use the normal JAWS release, which does include JAWS Tandem. Remember that a big advantage of using JAWS Tandem is the ability to receive or provide hands-on technical support from support technicians, distributors, dealers, and consultants.
The following are differences between the non-Tandem version of JAWS and the regular JAWS release:
- The JAWS Tandem submenu under the Utility menu is not available.
- The Check for Updates function under the Help menu is not available.
- You cannot install a non-Tandem version of JAWS over the regular JAWS release. Remove the JAWS Tandem release first before installing the non-Tandem release. Note that you do not have to remove your shared component settings during the uninstall process.
To download the non-Tandem version, do the following:
- Select the appropriate download link that appears at the end of this procedure. If your corporate firewall prevents you from downloading files using FTP (File Transfer Protocol), use the HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) links instead.
- When the dialog box opens, choose Save and select a location where you can easily find the downloaded executable file.
- Run the executable and follow the talking installer.
- JAWS 14.0.3005 32-bit – May 2013 English (118 MB).
- JAWS 14.0.3005 64-bit – May 2013 English (124 MB).
After downloading the file, press ALT+LEFT ARROW to return to the previous page.